Monday, August 29, 2016

Serendipity


One of my great good fortunes this summer was to host not one, but two community theatre directors, one from BC and the other from Ontario.

Brain picking ensued.

One of my life long dreams is to have another community theatre.

Another you say?

Well yes. I started my own community theatre in my neighbourhood when I was 8 years old. And I have a picture to prove it. Of the entire cast. I was director, writer, lead actor, props manager and stage manager. What's that you say? Ego? I didn't know better. It was all about me and I absolutely loved it. And thought at the time: I could spend my life doing this. I do have to find the photo and post it here.

So now, I'm trying to do the exact same thing in my neighbourhood here. I got brilliant suggestions from my guests and I'd absolutely love to make this a go. I tried several years back with no success as the team evaporated to other projects.

But this time? I have hope. I am invigorated. Re-vitalized with all the challenges of the past couple of years firmly behind me. A rebirth and renewal of spirit it seems.

So few years left. So much delightful stuff to do.

Life comes full circle.

This time I'll share.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You know E that would be lovely but the journey is the best part. The development and the rehearsals etc.
      Thanks my friend.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you Lori. But i would ssy lucky to regain my health and emotional stability. Someone recently said to me I disolayed all the classic symptoms of PTSD. I believe it now.
      XO
      WWW

      Delete
    2. Are you listening?
      http://www.cbc.ca/radio/writersandcompany/nuala-o-faolain-on-going-from-nobody-to-somebody-maybe-1.3741134

      Delete
  3. Oh do it! That sounds like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. All the very best. Have a great deal of fun doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I admire your pioneering spirit. I hope the community theatre becomes a reality! There's just no experience quite like live theatre.

    ReplyDelete
  6. If I lived nearby I'd join you. I was active in all phases of community theatre as a young adult when I was single and loved it. Independent of that organization a small group of us staged a successful production on our own I directed. We would have done more but some of our lives were going in different directions and I left town. Wish you well with your undertaking!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.