Thursday, December 23, 2010

Hash


What an interesting season this is turning out to be for me.

I read one of my stories to a wonderfully captive audience at a steak BBQ (you read that correctly!) in a town not too far from here yesterday. What an honour it is to be asked to share one's words with others. I never plan to "get over" that feeling. It is humbling and wondrous all at the same time.

My original holiday season plans have been scattered to the high winds so for now I have settled down with my beloved canine in my lovely little home on the bay.

I am continually astonished at the number of invitations that have come to my house via email, phonelines and snail mail.

One I will not miss is an invitation to a "Hash Party" on Boxing Day.

On the invitation itself, several definitions of the word were helpfully researched and offered:

"A large number of people gathered in small places to consume various types of hash and to reminisce, socialize and enjoy family and friends."

"A reworking of old and familiar material, food, music, relationships."


I can hardly wait.

PS And the "resin" definition was covered also, thanks!

15 comments:

  1. That "Hash Party" sounds interesting.

    Enjoy the peace and comfort of your home this holiday time. Stay warm and safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "A reworking of old and familiar material, food, music, relationships." That's an excellent definition of what Christmas should be all about. Rather than all the mindless consumerism.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Either definition sounds interesting to me. I'm sure I would enjoy both of them. I'm sure you would prefer the latter. Sometimes I dream of using hash and I get very relaxed. It's a secret wish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. GM:
    Backatcha, my good friend! Are you in Belfast or Dublin?
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nick:
    yes, the real values!
    Good thoughts for the season go to yourself and the good Jenny.
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nora:
    I can't go there with any addictive substance as you know!
    No stop or reverse controls on this lady!
    We will stay in touch over the hols...
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  7. Heavenly hash? Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy holidays! Enjoy hash!

    Sorry to hear about best laid plans... would that be the ferry debacle (our very own Little Heathrow...)?

    ReplyDelete
  9. A very Merry Christmas to you, Friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love, peace and a hashful Christmas to you and Ansa dear WWW!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pauline:
    You too my friend may it all be heavenly!
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Annie:
    I hope yours are good too in your brand new home on the 'right' side of Canada.
    No, not the ferry debacle though that would have sliced us if original plans had been carried out.
    we will have to defer our meetup until spring/summer....
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marcia:
    Backatcha my good friend!
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  14. T:
    And to you and your good man, my friend!
    XO
    WWW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas, filled with wonder, peace, and many blessings for the year to come.

    ReplyDelete

Comments are welcome. Anonymous comments will be deleted unread.

Email me at wisewebwomanatgmaildotcom if you're having trouble.